MINISTRY OF NATIONAL SECURITY – VOTER REGISTRATION NOTICE
The Parliamentary Commissioner wishes to remind the general public that Voter Registration continues on a daily basis in New Providence and in the Family Islands. Persons applying for registration must be BAHAMIAN CITIZENS, 18 years and older and must have resided in a particular constituency for three months or more.
Voter Registration Centres are opened in New Providence between the hours of 10:00am – 4:00pm at the following locations:
(1) The Parliamentary Registration Department, Farrington Road
(2) The Town Centre and Marathon Malls
(3) The General Post Office, East Hill Street
(4) The Sub-Post Office Carmichael Road
(5) The Sub-Post Office Elizabeth Estates
(6) The National Insurance Board – Baillou Hill Road
(7) Commonwealth Banks Mackey Street and Golden Gates Branches.
In Grand Bahama, Centres are opened between the hours of 9:30am – 4:30pm at the following locations:
- Parliamentary Registration Department, Freeport
- Administrator’s Office, Eight Mile Rock
- Administrator’s Office, High Rock (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
In the Family Islands, registration takes place at the Administrators’ Offices in the various Family Islands between the hours of 9:30am – 4:30pm.
The Parliamentary Commissioner also wishes to advise that the Department has commenced its mobile services with effect from 10th January 2011.
Businesses and organizations with at least twenty (20) eligible employees or members may contact the Department at telephone numbers 325-2888/9 or 397-2000 to schedule an appointment.
Applicant for registration must provide Proof of Citizenship, preferably;
(a) A Valid Bahamian Passport OR
(b) A Birth Certificate along with an official ID, AND other documents (as requested); OR
(c) A Current Voter’s Card, along with other reasonable documents (as requested).
Examples of other reasonable documents that may be considered to prove that the applicant is qualified are:
- A Passport;
- A Birth Certificate; and
- A Baptismal Certificate