Nassau, The Bahamas — Is it really better in the Bahamas like they advertise it all over the world? Last week some Canadian-Italians held a wedding reception at the Luciano’s Restaurant on East Bay Street, one of the most elegant and high class venues on the island. Sure, Italians are known for the world’s best dishes like pasta, but these guests ( and we at Bahamas Press use that word loosely in this case) showed the other side of Italy – the one we watched in The Godfather – and showed their mafia colors. The wedding party may have had too much to drink or too little left to think but at one point they become lawless after the deejay started winding down to the last dance – 12 hours after the reception started.
The Bahamian deejay was attacked by a pile of guests and even when his assistants tried to help, they got a badda-bing and badda-boom beat down. The party broke up the restaurant and when someone from the restaurant fired a warning shot with a licensed fireman into the air, in an effort to calm down wedding crew, THEY, allegedly, pulled out their guns and held the staff and even their limo drivers hostage. We will give credit to reporter Clint Watson and his cameraman for making this story public and even showing the scene with the disheveled mafia looking bridal party and even the new missus in her couture wedding gown coming out of Central station after they were ALL RELEASED. There was even a shot of the people making the bail flipping through the money like they had endless pockets.
We at Bahamas Press want ANSWERS. Why? Because despite all this, the Gestapo police decided to drop the matter and has charged none of the 18 persons. Hulan Hanna came on national radio and suggested the guests were not given any special treatment and that the matter was settled privately.
“That was an incident between persons that happened on a private property,” Hanna told Love 97FM. “Those persons came among themselves and they decided that they would deal with the matter outside of court without any duress or coercion and that is what they did.”
“They [the wedding party] got no special treatment, absolutely none. The same thing happens practically every day in this country. People have disputes between themselves even to the point where they fight among themselves. They come to an agreement and an understanding that they don’t want to pursue the matter before the court, which is very normal thing.”
Mr. Hanna, we want to know where in the hell those firearms came from in the first place? How did they get through customs with their weapons? How can they come into this country, beat up we own, tear down we businesses, hold we people hostage, and BUY we police? Had one of the Bahamians accidentally killed one of them in self defense you know we wouldn’t hear the end of it. Bahamas Press wonders if it is the new norm in The Bahamas where TOURIST and VISITORS can “murder” and be murdered in The Bahamas and persons get away with it. There is something dangerously wrong in country when it comes to our criminal justice system. Who remembers…
• A female visitor, Sandra Sigafus, 41, on November 12th was staying at the Paradise Island Harbour Resort. Police told us then they had a male friend in custody and that they were trying to determine whether she fell or was the victim of foul play. Well, Bahamas Press has learned that the man was ordered out of the country. Told to run away! This story opens a container worms. BP is now talking with a senior official at a popular hotel resort here on the island. The source tell us there is an incredible amount of hidden [UNREPORTED] deaths, which occur on hotel properties right here in The Bahamas, regularly. TRUST US, YOUR BP WILL REPORT OUR FINDINGS! And if it means American’s Most Wanted must come to town, we will make certain it happens.
• Readers remember the death of Anna Garrison who was found on the cold lonely street in Fox Hill wrapped in a bed sheet. Bahamian police were quick to arrest the Bahamian male, whilst the daughter of the West Palm Beach resident was hiding out in Kenneth Square Pennsylvania. Lazy police was not prepared to tell the press where the cold killer was. They’d hope she stayed where she was. Another story uncovered by Bahamas Press.
• You would also remember how Guillermo Zarabozo, 20, of Hialeah, and Kirby Archer, 35, of Arkansas had to be charged with first-degree murder following the disappearance of four Miami Beach charter crew members that headed for Bimini. The vessel was found in The Bahamas. RIGHT HERE! But Bahamian police turned a complete blind eye to the incident. Never bringing to justice the men. The Americans had to take charge of the case and deal with the criminals.
• Then you would remember the story of Andre Birbal. The man who led a clandestine pack of pedophile lovers whom raped and molested more than 20 boys at the Eight Mile Rock High School. They Royal Bahamas Police Force never investigated the matter. They never lifted a pinky finger to bring justice for the children of the country who were violated by another guest of the town. Hubert Ingraham of all people ABANDONED JUSTICE FOR THE CHILDREN! HE SHOULD HANG HIS HEAD DOWN IN SHAME!
• Foreign tourists may also avoid the Bahamas when they remember Carole Leach’s murder on Eleuthera. Carole, you would know was a British schoolteacher who moved to the island. She was axed to death and her family fought for over a decade to bring the murderer, who was well known person on the island, before the courts. After pressure from the British government an arrest was made and the case was brought to trial. Again, however, the case was thrown out because the prosecution, some believe intentionally, “failed to make a good enough case” against the accused.
• We should remember the murder of Anna Nicole’s son Daniel Smith whose body was discovered lifeless in Doctors Hospital. Daniel, according to reports died like his mom due to a concoction of drugs found in his system. Howard K. Stern is now before a US court-facing charges for possibly aiding in Nicole’s death. Why could not the Bahamian police do the same for Daniel?
We all saw the video posted on how a tourist who was robbed at gunpoint graded the Gestapo Bahamian Police “between 0 and 1 on a scale of 1 to 10”. And with the way we treat our own, we say that grade is TOO HIGH!
Bahamas Press can go on for days, months and years unfolding case after case where we see the WUTLESSNESS of the Criminal Justice System. It has failed guests and the Bahamian people. We need change!
We need radical Change in this country!