Re: Filing of Election Court Petition –
Section 69 of the Parliamentary Elections Act
Pursuant to Section 69 of the Parliamentary Elections Act, Mr. Leo Ryan Pinder the Progressive Liberal Party Candidate for the Elizabeth Bye-Election held 16th February, 2010 today filed a Petition in the Election Court of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas in the form attached. Mr. Leo Ryan Pinder shall be represented by a team of lawyers led by Mr. Philip Davis, Mr. Wayne Munroe and Mr. Damian Gomez.
The Petitioner, Mr. Leo Ryan Pinder requests of the Election Court the following:
- (i) A determination of the validity of the protest votes cast for all candidates in the Elizabeth Bye-Election;
- (ii) A determination of whether any or all of the voters who voted on the protest ballots were entitled to be properly registered and were entitled to vote in the Elizabeth Bye-Election;
- (iii) A determination of whether if so entitled, the votes of any or all of those voters should be allowed;
- (iv) A determination of whether it is necessary to order that the register be rectified;
- (v) If the answer to paragraph (iv) is in the affirmative directions from the Honourable Court that the Register be rectified accordingly;
- (vi) A certification in writing to the Returning Officer the number of protest votes which it has allowed in respect of each candidate in the Elizabeth Bye-Election;
- (vii) That copies of the certificate be forwarded to His Excellency the Governor-General and to the Clerk of the House of Assembly;
The Progressive Liberal Party looks forward to the certification of the outcome of the final results of the elections in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas.