Bahamas Press has said before, that this photo offers an interesting thought. Two LACKEYS sitting with the man who holds the strong belief of Bahamianization. Arthur Hanna [centre] was one of the last to fight for Bahamians.
Nassau, Bah: Bahamas Press is never shocked or amazed when it comes to Hubert ‘the toothless lion’ Ingraham’s knee-jerk reactions. Bahamas Press called for Ingraham to address the nation a few weeks ago, and well he did. But as he read his text, much of which the same things were said in his address to the nation, we wondered, was Ingraham taking our advice or was he addressing the nation because told him to?
Some 10% of Kerzner’s Atlantis Resort (1,000) workers were fired last week. Resort operators claimed that weak guest bookings, due to the global economic crisis, compounded the troubles at the property.
Whatever their claims were, the tragic massacre at the resort has shattered the lives of hundred, some who served the property for over 20 years. Workers were left with tears streaming from their eyes, some with loud hollers as if murder had taken place inside the meeting where they were axed.
However, the wutless media was busy in its daily deflection of news where one reportedly told Bahamians “CRIME IS DOWN” and another [The State run ZNS] said there is a record breaking upswing in guest arrivals. And from Bahamas Press perspective the BIG NEWSwas the firing of 129 workers at PepsiCola Bahamas.
Bahamas Press wants to ask Ingraham a serious question. If Ingraham sounded his address to the nation because of Sol Kerzner and not because of the HARDSHIP now facing Bahamians, we ask where do Ingraham’s loyalties lay? Is it with Bahamians, Or Sol Kerzner?
• Ingraham never held his national address when 5,999 Bahamians were shut-off in darkness as BEC changed its policy on the masses.
• Ingraham never held a national address when food prices soared in summer of 2007 making it hard for families to buy the basic necessities.
• Ingraham said not a single word when his government oversaw the rise in gas prices, crippling consumers and pushing them hard-pressed in further struggles.
• Ingraham said not a single word when layoffs commenced at Baha Mar, Breezes, The Sheraton and other properties around the country.
• Ingraham never held a national address when he terminated 1,200 government workers and cancelled over $90 million in public capital construction works for the country.
• And, never said a single word in this country when hurricane victims on Grand Bahama were evicted from their shelter homes – Kicked on the streets with their children in hand.
But oh just hours before Sol Kerzner’s Atlantis Resort decided to fire hundreds of workers at that property it was time for Ingraham to speak. And as we said, speak the same words he spoke almost 12 months ago.
When Kerzner said he wanted a bridge, LACKEY Ingraham tightened the rope around Bahamians neck and borrowed money to build Kerzner a new bridge.
When Kerzner said he wanted the road change [BAY STREET], Lackey Ingraham changed the MAIN ROAD for Kerzner in an opposite direction.
When Kerzner said fix the airport, Lackeys Christie and Ingraham arranged a plan to upgrade the airport – a $400 million upgrade. And so here is the $3.5 billion question, “If everything the Lackeys speak and act upon is for Kerzner, who is speaking for US THE BAHAMIANS?”
OUR Mothers and fathers are OUT-OF-WORK. Our families cannot afford food anymore! Bahamians are being SLAUGHTERED ON OUR STREETS. The judiciary is in SHAMBLES! And almost every TRAFFIC LIGHT in the country is OUT-OF-ORDER and flashing red!
Bahamians must accept the fact SINCE both LACKEYS CHRISTIE AND INGRAHAM ONLY LISTEN TO SOL KERZNER, the time has come for us to look for someone who will LISTEN to US!
WE NEED CHANGE!