>>> Where was Dion Foulkes when Bahamians were fired at Sandals? Foreign Labour now hired to replace Bahamians!
Nassau, Bahamas – The Minister of Labour, Dion Foulkes, could be heard this week calling on the President of the BPCOU, Bernard Evans, to apologize for statements made to turn the Bahamas into a mini Egypt.
Somewhere in the back a Cowpen Road in the Constituency of the Parliament’s Pillsbury ‘Doughboy’ Dion made his request known, and before we know it, the statement was all over the press.
Foulkes who has finally decided to raise his head believes the People of the Bahamas have forgotten his ill gains from the poor people of Stephen’s Close, who to this day are suffering from his sloppy legal work.
Readers would remember Foulkes was the WUTLESS lawyer who served that residents bad legal title following the purchase of property in the community. They were eventually order to get off the land, and the minister disappeared into the FNM. The actions by Foulkes are just short of fraud, but we are not surprise. That is the makeup of the modern day FNM Cabinet, which collects men who seems to have an infectious disease of having Sticky Hands, tapered with Scandal, Corruption and SICK HEADS.
However, while the minister was so busy doing his politicking this week, we wonder how much attention he has been paying to his Department of Labour, which appears to be a participant in taking job opportunities from Bahamians and delivering them into the hands of foreigners.
Investigations conducted by Bahamas Press reveal some serious incidents involving foreign labour in the Bahamas at a resort called Sandals Royal Bahamian here in Nassau and in Exuma.
Reliable sources in the position to know tell us since the mass firing of Bahamians at the property in 2008 and 2009, foreign labour now dominates the management team, and this is just the beginning of our story.
On September 2nd, 2009 Bahamas Press reported the termination of some 80 workers at Sandals. We confirmed from officials the group was made redundant on Monday 31st, August 2009. A year earlier  the company had fired 150 Bahamians and again the men in the Cabinet of the Bahamas, which have accumulated frequent flyer miles on Butch Stuarts jet, said not a damn word.
Just last week Bahamas Press had completed a labour audit at this same property both here in Nassau and Exuma and what we have uncovered is indeed shocking. Here’s what we know.
Sandals has since hired an almost 100% foreign staff management to replace Bahamians.
Here are the lists of foreigners now in key positions at the properties.
1. General Manager – Foreigner
2. Hotel Manager – Foreigner
3. Director of F & B – Foreigner
4. F & B Manager – Foreigner
5. Financial Controller – Foreigner
6. Ass Financial Controller – Foreigner
7. Internal Audit (Accounts Clerk) – Foreigner
8. Operations Manager – Foreigner
9. Operations Manager – Foreigner
10. Director of Sales – Foreigner (former Bahamian Director of Sales trained the expatriate and then he was fired)
11. Ass to Director of Guest Services – Foreigner (Came in as intern now permanent employee)
12. Water sports Manager – Foreigner
13. Cost Controller – Foreigner
14. Concierge Manager – Foreigner (Uses excessive EXPLETIVES against employees)
15. Grounds Manager – Foreigner
16. Chief Engineer – Foreigner
17. Assistant Chief Engineer – Foreigner
18. Security Manager – Foreigner (A few weeks ago made an employee stripped to underwear because $40 was alleged to be missing, money never found). He has said he hates Bahamians but he is trying to get his Jamaican daughters residency.
19. Executive Chef – Foreigner
20. Asst. Executive Chef – – Foreigner
21. Asst Executive Chef – Foreigner
22. Senior Executive Chef – Foreigner
23. Executive Pastry Chef – Foreigner
24. Entertainment Manager – Foreigner (Has been in the Bahamas for 15 years)
25. Spa Manager – Foreigner
26. Projects Manager – Foreigner
These persons have no specialized skills we are advised, whereby the majority of Bahamian staff holds degrees.
Bahamas Press wonders how did all these workers acquire work permits? Was former Junior Minister for Immigration, Branville McCartney, aware of this sellout by his former immigration department or was this mass influx of foreign labour the reason behind him leaving the “NO COMPASSION” Cabinet of the Bahamas? What is the reasoning behind the termination of Bahamians and the later elevation of those foreign labours? Here’s a question Dion Foulkes should answer!
There are 20 interns, who have been at the resort for more than 1 year. The new practice at the resort we are told are to bring in foreign interns and then make them permanent employees.
Meanwhile we are advised conditions at Emerald Bay are deteriorating. Workers there we are told work 6 days a week with some 11-14 hours shift a day. The practice is near slavery and the PLANTATION appears to be getting away with it.
Complaints have been filed at both the Labour Board and Immigration departments, but the outgoing government, sacked with corruption and scandal headed by Hubert Ingraham cannot offer a reply. They found their voices to slap down Union President Bernard Evans, but MUMS THE WORD WHEN IT COMES TO DEFENDING THE JOB MARKET FOR BAHAMIANS!
Dion Foulkes should hang his head down in ‘Dutty’ Shame!
STANDUP! FIND YOUR TONGUE TO PROTECT BAHAMIANS AT SANDALS! FIND YOUR TONGUE TO DEFEND THE CORRUPT PRACTICES AGAINST THE BAHAMIAN WORKFORCE AT SANDALS! Minister, DO YA DAMN JOB OR CARRY YA YOU_KNOW_WHAT!
Yes, this is personal to BP!